The Courtesy Program Committee (CPC) of the International Radio Club of America and the National Radio Club is pleased to announce a special maintenance test with KQKD 1380 Redfield, SD. The test will be conducted by Ron Schacht, Chief Engineer/Owner.
The test is scheduled for early Saturday morning January 15, 2022, starting at one minute after midnight and continuing for the next three hours (0001 Mountain Time until 0300AM CDT.) This is 0601 UTC until 0901 UTC.
During the test, the station will be operating on their daytime power of 500 watts on 1380 kHz. The test will consist of Morse Code identifications, sweep tones, and other content designed to aid reception at great distances.
Morse will be transmitted at 1,000 Hz, there will also be long-duration tones at 1,000 Hz, and other material that centers on this audio frequency.
RECEPTION REPORTS & QSL REQUESTS
All reception reports will be verified through the CPC. Reception reports along with MP3 recordings or .MP4 video recordings of your reception should be emailed to: email@example.com with the subject line: “KQKD 1380 RECEPTION REPORT.”
The following requirements are in effect in order to receive an electronic QSL verifying your report:
- Reports via email only. Email must include an MP3 file attachment of your reception (best two minutes or so in length) or an MP4 video clip. While written descriptions will be considered along with the recording, they will not suffice alone for verification.
- Reports must be submitted within 30 days of the test.
- The report must include your name, location, and return e-mail address, clearly grouped together at the top of the verification request.
- Please also include a description of your receiver, antenna, and any interference noted.
- If you use a remote SDR to receive the test, you must clearly indicate that in your verification request. We will only accept one such report per DX’er. You cannot log the test on multiple remote SDRs and request multiple verifications.
TIME MACHINE DX TEST
Due to a miscommunication from myself, KQKD already conducted a maintenance test on December 11, 2021 from 1AM until 4AM CDT but no advance publicity was given to the test. I regret greatly the error and apologize to Ron Schacht.If any DX’ers recorded on that night during the overnight hours, please review your recordings of 1380 kHz. You may have already logged the station. If so, please submit those to my email for verification now. It’s not often we get to time travel to conduct a DX Test.Best of luck to all who are attempting to hear this test. The NRC and IRCA would like to thank Ron Schacht and the staff of KQKD for agreeing to run our special material during their maintenance testing.
Les Rayburn, N1LF CPC Chairman to WOR iog (2021-12-21)